These days lots of people are turning to veneers to get the kind of smiles they have always wanted. This is because veneers are easy to mold and to put in place, and they provide immediate results, unlike braces or surgery, which can take time to give you the results you want. If you are considering veneers, then you may have questions. Below, we have the most frequently asked questions about veneers so that you can make an informed choice.
- How Long do They Last?: Veneers can last for years without needing replacement. Usually, this can mean anywhere from seven to twenty years. Although veneers do not get damaged, the tooth underneath them can, requiring you to get the veneers replaced.
- Do They Stain?: Unlike regular teeth, veneers do not stain. The porcelain that makes them up is not prone to any kind of discoloration from coffee, soda, or alcohol.This can provide you with the kind of freedom to eat and drink what you want that just cannot happen with your natural teeth.
- Will My Insurance Cover Veneers?: Most insurance companies will cover at least 50% of the cost of veneers. You need to speak with your insurance company to make sure that you will be covered before deciding on a procedure.
- Can I get Cavities?: Your teeth are protected by veneers. This means that you will not get cavities. It is important, however, to remember to floss and brush your teeth, however, since food can remain in between teeth, attracting bacteria. You can still get gum damage, too, so maintaining dental hygiene is vital. Your cosmetic dentist will be able to tell you how best to do this.
- Are They Comfortable?: This is a question that many people ask before deciding on veneers. Veneers are very comfortable to wear, and the gum tissue does not get irritated by the porcelain. They usually fit very well because they are are molded to your own mouth and teeth. This means that you will not have any issues when speaking or any difficulties when eating.
- Are They Sensitive?: You will have some sensitivity to heat and cold, especially at the beginning. Other than that, you should have no more or less sensitivity than with your natural teeth. If you have questions about this, ask your dentist before you decide on the veneers.
- Will They Match my Natural Teeth?: Veneers can be made in many different shapes and sizes, making it possible to accurately match them with your natural teeth. This also means getting the color right, which can mean bleaching your teeth to have them match the veneers.
The best thing you can do if you are thinking of getting veneers is to have a serious conversation with your dentist. A clinic like Levin Family Dental can make it very easy for you to get the veneers and other procedures done that you need to feel and look your best. With the right dentist on your side, you can be sure to get the results you want.