If you are looking into specialized services within the industrial construction company, then you will want to find the ones that interest you the most, such becoming a pipe fabricator or going into bolt torquing services. Once you have made the decision to become a pipe fabricator, then there are many different options that you can take in order to specialize in this field within the industrial construction industry.
There are many other career paths that you can choose to take as well, such as project management and engineering. Listed here are the steps to take in order to become a pipe fabricator:
- Join an apprentice program. If you want to become a pipe fabricator, then you will need to apply for the right apprentice program for your needs. This means that you will need to apply and be accepted for an apprentice program in order to start training to become a pipe fabricator.
- Learn heat treating and weld inspection. You will learn many things during your apprentice program. Some of the many things that you will begin to learn include learning more about heat treating. You will also learn more about weld inspection. These are very important things to learn as an apprentice in order to become a pipe fabricator or a pipe bending fabricator.
- Learn blueprint reading. You will also need to learn more about blueprint reading as well. This means that you will need to know how to read and understand blueprints and how to decipher their meanings and how to use it on the job for your project.
- Learn to become a skilled welder! You will also become a skilled welder throughout this process! You will learn welding in various types of metals such as carbon and alloy as well as how to weld various designs and cuts.
- Spend five years with on the job training before becoming a professional welder. You will need to spend five years as an apprentice. In order to get into an apprentice program, you will need to have certain skills and knowledge in maths, english and sciences.
As you can see, there are minimal steps needed to become a trained pipe fabricator. However, the process is quite long and extensive and you will want to ensure that this is the career path that you want to take before you get started. If you aren’t sure whether or not you want to become a pipe fabricator but want to go into the industrial construction industry, then you will want to be sure that you have reviewed all of your options before you begin an apprentice program. This is the best way to be sure that you find the right job for you and your particular interests.
If you want to do any research or reach out to the right industrial construction company, then you will want to be sure that you contact the experts over at Turner Industries. They are the leading experts in the industrial construction industry and can help you find the right career path for your needs.