The process of selecting new window treatments for a home can feel like an overwhelming process. There are so many different options available out there, from blinds and shades and window shutters, as well as window drapes. Then once the type of window treatment is chosen, one must narrow down the colors, materials, and style. On top of that, the shopper has to decide if they want to choose from custom window treatments of if they would prefer to get standard sizes. There are many benefits to purchasing custom window treatments for a home, such as making sure that you get the exact right sizes that you need for your windows, but this option may not be right for everyone. In order to know what option is best for you, you may want to consider the following points:
The main benefits of working with a custom window treatment provider include:
1. Perfect sizing. When you are investing in new blinds or shutters, the last thing that you want to have to worry about is whether or not they are going to fit correctly over your windows. When you have custom blinds, you do not even have to worry about that, as all of the shades or blinds ordered are made specifically for your windows.
2. Works well with irregular windows. If you have an older home, then chances are good that you also have irregular windows in it. This means that many standard shades are not cut to fit inside your windows. You can avoid the stress and hassle of trying to find shades that will fit by simply ordering custom shades or blinds.
3. Many custom window blinds companies will come to you. Services like Shades on Wheels will come directly to your home to consult with you on your future window treatments. They will also do all of the measuring themselves to make sure that it is accurate, and they also take care of the installation process. When you work with a custom window treatment company, all you really have to do is decide on the product that you want and the company does the rest of the work for you.
Some of the drawback to purchasing custom window shades are:
1. They will likely be a more expensive choice for you than it would be to purchase standard window shades. There is no way around it, if you want better quality, you will likely have to pay a little more.
2. Custom window treatments are often made to order, which means that they will take longer to arrive at your home. If instant gratification is your thing, then custom may not be the way to go. Custom shades can take several weeks to be ordered, made, delivered and installed. So when it comes to custom window treatments, patience is a virtue.
If you are ready to experience all of the benefits that custom window shades can offer you and your home, then contact Shades on Wheels today at www.shadesonwheels.com