Out of all of the hundreds of essential oils available on the market for purchase, lavender essential oils is likely the most well-known essential oil today. Part of this is likely because it is a very low risk essential oil, In that it is safer both adults and children to use topically and in an oil diffuser and also because lavender is very commonly ingested with no side effects. Lavender oil is praised all of the world for its many benefits which include the ability to soothe and calm a person and ask as a tension reducer. When used topically laugh and oil can also help reduce the appearance of scars and wrinkles and aid with the healing process of minor burns, bruises, skin irritations, and sunburns. Lavender is definitely a very versatile essential oil and is even used as a perfume or pillow spray quite regularly, as well as in a sachet to keep clothes smelling nice. Lavender is also quite commonly used in cooking to bring out the flavors, So it is unlikely that you have not experienced the effects of lavender oil at some point in your life because it is so prevalent.
Just a few of the many uses the lavender essential oils and how to apply them are listed below:
- A soothing and calming agent. The number one and most well-known purpose of lavender is that it creates A almost to sedative effect on someone. Tt can calm someone who is anxious or nervous, aid in meditation practices, or just slow down frantic thinking. To use lavender as a soother it can be applied both topically as well as an aromatherapy diffuser. To apply topically rubbed on the bottoms of the feet and temples.
- As a sleep aid – there are many pillow nests that are made with lavender in it that are intended for you to spray on your pillow before you sleep. Often on these pillows praise do not contain real lavender essential oil and therefore are not as effective. It is recommended that you buy your own pure concentrated lavender essential oil and create your own pillow mist from that by diluting it.
- To treat minor burns and sunburns – apply several undiluted drops directly to any burn to help reduce redness.
- To alleviate the symptoms of nausea and motion sickness – apply directly behind ears and on the tip of your tongue to help reduce motion sickness, or use a personal diffuser while traveling.
- To treat to dry and chapped skin as well as lips – apply a few drops directly on the dry skin or lips.
- To alleviate the symptoms of hay fever – use a personal diffuser and inhale deeply to help reduce sinus swelling
- To treat cold sores – apply directly.
- As a dandruff treatment method – put a few drops in hands and rub into scalp.
- To kill bacteria in a cut – apply directly.
- To reduce it itching and swelling resulting from a bee sting or insect bite – apply a few drops directly to bite or sting.